Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 10 min
- 1 - lb. beef round tip steaks, cut
- 2 - teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 - small green or red bell pepper, cut
into thin strips
- 1 - small onion, thinly sliced, separated
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 1 - large Italian bread shell (16 oz. -
approx. 12-inch diameter)
- 1 - cup (4 oz.) shredded provolone cheese
or natural four cheese blend for pizza
Preheat oven to 400°F. Stack beef
steaks. Cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/2-inch
wide strips. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1
teaspoon oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper and onion. Stir-fry 2-3
minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove to large bowl and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1
- Add beef, half at a time, and stir-fry 1
minute or until outside surface is no longer pink. Do not
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon
and add to vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread shell on baking sheet.
Arrange beef mixture on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is
melted and cut into 8 wedges.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Boneless beef top
sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick, may be substituted for beef
round tip steak. Cut into 1/4-inch strips, increasing stir-fry
time about 2 minutes.
Page 1 of 1