Upside-Down Pizza Bake
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 30 min
- 1 - lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 - small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 - medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 - jars (14 oz each) pizza sauce
- 1 - package (6 oz) diced pepperoni
- 1 - can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 - cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 - cup milk
- 2 - eggs
- 1 1/2 - cups shredded pizza cheese blend (6 oz)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion and bell pepper over
medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives; heat until hot.
- Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until
- Pour evenly over pepperoni mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 25 minutes or until crust is light
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes longer
or until cheese is melted.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase first bake time to about
Page 1 of 1