Hawaiian Whole Wheat Pizza
Time: 15 min
Total Time: 55 min
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 - package regular active or fast-acting dry yeast
- 1 - cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 2 1/2 - cups whole wheat flour
- 2 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 - Tablespoon whole-grain cornmeal
- 1 - teaspoon whole wheat flour
- 1 - can (8 oz) pizza sauce
- 2 - cups shredded Italian mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1 - package (6 oz) sliced Canadian bacon, cut into fourths
- 1 - can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1/2 - cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 - small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- In medium bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons oil and the salt.
- Beat vigorously 20 strokes with spoon.
- Let dough rest in bowl 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, move oven rack to lowest position and preheat
oven to 425°F. Grease cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon oil and
sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Place dough on cookie sheet and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon
- With floured fingers, pat dough into 12x10-inch rectangle.
Pinch edges to form 1/2-inch rim.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough. Top with mozzarella cheese,
Canadian bacon, pineapple, onion, and green bell pepper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges of crust are golden
Page 1 of 1