Pesto and Cheese Pizza
Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 14 min
- 3 - cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 - cup very hot water
- 2 - Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 4 - sticks (1 oz each) mozzarella string
cheese, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 - cup refrigerated basil pesto (from
- 1 - bag (7 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
with sun-dried tomatoes and basil or plain mozzarella cheese
(1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 - cups 1/8-inch strips yellow, red
and green bell peppers
Move oven rack to lowest position. Preheat
oven to 450°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, water
and oil with fork until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously 20
- Cover and let stand 8 minutes.
- Pat or press dough in bottom and 1 inch
over side of pizza pan.
- Place string cheese along edge of dough,
overlapping if necessary.
- Fold 1-inch edge of dough over and around
cheese. Press to seal.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly
browned around edges.
- Spread pesto over warm crust.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella
- Top with bell peppers and remaining 3/4
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until crust is
golden brown and cheese is melted.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 10,
bake 8 to 9 minutes.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: How-To - To add
crispness to the crust, sprinkle cornmeal over the greased pan.
Page 1 of 1