Apple Cornmeal Mini-Muffins
Try smearing these with apricot jam when they're
warm from the oven—it's a nice match.
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 8 min.
- Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 - cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 3/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 5 - Tablespoons sugar
- 2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 - teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 - large eggs
- 1 1/3 - cups milk
- 2 - Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 - teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 - cup peeled, diced Granny Smith apples*
Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and vinegar in another.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet
ingredients; stir just until combined.
- Stir in apples, just until incorporated.
- Spray mini-muffin tin with cooking spray, and divide batter
evenly in mini-muffin tin.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, until a test comes out clean.
- Remove from tin, using a small offset spatula if necessary.
- Cool on a rack. Serve.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
* 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (they should be frozen solid, not
thawed) can be substituted for the apples.
Page 1 of 1