Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Makes 10 servings, 1 biscuit each
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 18 min.
Biscuit Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 425-degrees F. Spray 9-inch round
baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
1) In a large bowl, you want to mix 2 cups
of the flour, the sugar, salt and baking soda.
2) Cut in shortening with pastry blender or
2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Stir in cheese and buttermilk just until
blended. Let stand 3 min.
4) In a small bowl, you want to place
remaining 1/4 cup flour.
5) Divide dough into 10 equal portions.
(Dough will be sticky.)
6) Add dough, 1 portion at a time, to flour
and toss until evenly coated.
7) Shake off excess flour and shape into
8) Place in prepared pan. Repeat with
remaining dough. (Pan will be full with balls touching each other.)
Brush with butter.
9) Bake for 15 to 18 min. or until golden
brown. Cool in pan 3 min and remove to wire rack. Separate biscuits
and serve warm.