Classic Banana Bread
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 65 min.
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 - cup packed brown sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 2 - medium, ripe Bananas, mashed
(about 1 cup)
- 1/4 - cup sour cream
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - cup chopped almonds or
Preheat oven to 350°F. and grease
9x5-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder,
baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar in large
bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Beat in bananas, sour cream and
vanilla until blended.
- Add in flour mixture; beat until
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.