Virginia's Banana Bread
Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 65 min.
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 -3)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup nuts (chopped)
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease
4x8x2-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Add the egg and applesauce. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda,
cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves.
- Gradually add to he creamed mixture just until
- Fold in raisins and walnuts. Pour into a
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes
before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Page 1 of 1