Makes 1 loaf
Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 55 min.
- 1/2 - cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 - cup sugar
- 1 - egg
- 1-1/4 - cups applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 - cup raisins
- 1/2 - cup walnuts (chopped)
Preheat oven to 350� F. Grease
4x8x2-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Add the egg and applesauce. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda,
cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves.
- Gradually add to he creamed mixture just until
- Fold in raisins and walnuts. Pour into a
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes
before removing from pan to a wire rack.