Hearty Jack Cheese Cornbread
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 25 min.
- 1 - cup cornmeal
- 1 - cup flour
- 1 - Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1 - package (8 ounces) Shredded Monterey
Jack Cheese, divided
- 1 - egg
- 1 - cup milk
- 1/4 - cup (1/2 stick) butter or
- 1 - medium green pepper, cut into rings
Preheat oven to 425įF. and grease a
9-inch round cake pan.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and
salt in large bowl; stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
- Beat egg lightly in medium bowl with
- Add milk and butter; beat until well
blended. Add to cornmeal mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Pour into round cake pan and
sprinkle with remaining cheese. You want to top with pepper rings.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min. or until golden
Alanís Kitchen Tip:
How to Mix Quick Breads - Use a light touch when mixing quick bread
batter. Gently stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Any lumps
will disappear during baking. Over-stirring creates a dense, tough