Rosemary Breadstick Twist
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking time: 25 min.
- 1/3 - cup butter
- 2-1/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2 - Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 - Tablespoon sugar
- 3-1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1 - cup milk
- 1 - teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 - teaspoon finely chopped fresh
Preheat oven to 400įF. Melt butter in
13x9-inch baking pan in oven for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now, stir together flour, cheese, sugar
and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface;
knead until smooth (1 minute).
- Roll dough into 12x6-inch rectangle and
cut into 12 (1-inch) strips.
- Stir rosemary and garlic into melted
butter in pan.
- Twist each strip of dough 6 times.
- Dip into herbed butter mixture and place
in same pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until
Alanís Kitchen Tip:
You want to watch your butter closely while melting so it does not brown.