Frosty Raspberry Iced Sun Tea
Makes 20 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 5 min
Sun Time: 3 hrs.
Freezing Time: 8 hrs.
- 4 - cups water
- 1 - slice (1/4-inch) gingerroot
- 3 - tea bags
- 1 - can (12-oz.) frozen concentrated
raspberry juice blend, thawed
- 10 - cups lemon-lime flavored
carbonated beverage (from two 2-liter bottles), chilled
- In 1-quart glass jar, combine
water, gingerroot and tea bags.
- Cover; set in sunny location for 2
to 3 hours or until tea is extracted.
- Remove and discard tea bags and
- In 2-quart nonmetal freezer
container, combine tea, concentrate and 2 cups of the carbonated
- Cover container; freeze at least 8
hours or until icy, stirring twice.
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup
frozen tea mixture into each glass.
- Add scant 1/2 cup chilled
carbonated beverage to each glass and stir gently.