Dakota Grilled Steak
Makes 4 servings
In a spice grinder or pepper mill, grind pepper, coriander seeds, and
coffee beans. Add salt and cilantro.
Compress spice mixture onto both sides of steaks, put
into large plastic food bags or a glass-baking dish.
- Combine wine, steak sauce, soy sauce, garlic and paprika; pour over beef. Close bags or
cover dish and refrigerate several hours.
- Turn steak once or twice as it marinates.
(Reserve about a 1/2 cup of the marinade for grilling.) Remove meat from marinade, pat dry
with paper towels.
- Do not use liquid in actual marinade to brush on grilling meat.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Cook steaks over medium coals to desired doneness,
allowing 10 to 15 minutes per side for medium.
- Brush with marinade as they cook.
- Let steaks stand a few minutes before slicing.
Marinade the steak before heading to the picnic or
tailgate party. Place marinade steak in plastic storage bags and place
in ice chest. Remember, this is with the marinade. When the grill
is hot enough, just place them on the grill and enjoy.