Makes 4 servings
- To prepare the marinade.
In a mixing
bowl, add the apple juice, lemon juice, lemon zest,
garlic, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, chili powder, and paprika.
- Using a hand blender, coarsely puree the mixture.
- On a cutting board, trim fat from tri-tip
roast. Cut roast into 1-1/2 -
cubes. In a glass container,
place tri-tip cubes.
- Core and seed the red peppers. Cut peppers into 1-inch slices.
- Remove skin and cut onion in half lengthwise.
- Cut the halves into thirds.
- Remove layers and put both the peppers and onion into the glass
container with the tri-tip.
- Pour marinade over the tri-tip, peppers,
- Cover container and
put into refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
Turn once or twice.
Prepare grill to medium-hot fire and
- Remove tri-tip, peppers, and onions from
marinade. Discard the marinade.
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes.
- Place 4 tri-tips cubes on each skewer.
Alternate tri-tip with a piece of red pepper and onion.
Sprinkle kebabs with salt and pepper.
- Grill kebabs for 12 minutes. You want to turn them after 6 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the sauce ingredients of
apple juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable oil, garlic, jalapeno
pepper, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, and butter.
- Whisk until ingredients are smooth.
Spoon on before serving.
Place steak on skewers and wrap with plastic
wrap. Store in ice chest until ready to cook.