Tropical Island Chops with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
Makes 6 Servings
- 6 - Boneless Center Cut Loin Chops
- 1 - can pineapple tidbits, (20-ounces),
- 2 - medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 - Tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/2 - Jalapeno chile, seeded and finely
- 3 - Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 - Tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 - Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 1 - teaspoon dry mustard
- In non-metallic bowl, add pineapple,
cucumbers, mint, jalapeno, 1-tablespoon brown sugar, ginger and lime
- Mix, cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- In small bowl, add together 2 tablespoons
brown sugar, lime zest, thyme, garlic and mustard.
- Spread evenly on all surfaces of chops.
- Cover chops and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-hot fire according to
- Place chops directly over heat.
- Cover and grill for 8 minutes.
- Turn and grill 7 minutes more or until done
(internal temp 155° F).