Chipotle Rubbed BarBQ
Makes 8 servings
- 1 - Tablespoon Canned Chipotle Chilli in
- 1 - cup Prepared BBQ Sauce
- 3 - Corn Tortillas
- 1/4 - cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 - package (12 ounces) Premium Original
- 1 - bag (6 oz.) Corn Bread Stuffing Mix
- 1/3 - cup Yellow Onion chopped
- 1/2 - cup Celery chopped
- 1/2 - cup Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 - Tablespoons Fresh Oregano finely chopped
- 2 - Large Eggs
- 2 - Pork Tenderloin butterflied
- 8 - strips Premium Regular Smoked Bacon
- Puree the canned Chipotles with the Adobo
sauce in a food processor until smooth. Combine with the BBQ sauce. Set
- Tear the corn tortillas into 1/2 inch
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over
- Fry the tortillas until crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined surface to
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and
crumble the chorizo. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the fried tortilla
chips, chorizo, stuffing mix, onions, celery, cilantro, oregano and eggs.
Mix until combined.
- Place the stuffing on top of one of the
- Place the other tenderloin on top of the
stuffing and pack down firmly.
- Brush about 1/2 cup of the Chipotle BBQ
mixture over the surface of the tenderloins.
- Wrap the tenderloins with bacon slices and
secure with toothpicks.
- Brush 1/4 cup of the Chipotle BBQ sauce over
the wrapped tenderloins.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Wrap in foil and cook over a prepared
barbecue grill, turning over frequently.
- Baste with the remaining BBQ sauce and cook
the tenderloins for approximately 1 hour total or until the temperature
reaches 145-150 degrees F.