- 1/2 - cup butter
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - teaspoon crushed Szechwan
- 1 - teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1/4 - cup chopped fresh cilantro or 2
tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 - pounds raw medium shrimp,
peeled and deveined (about 45 to 60 shrimp)
- 5 - wooden skewers (6-inch) soaked in
water for several hours or metal skewers
- 2 - Tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 - pound angel hair or vermicelli
- 1/3 - cup grated Romano or Parmesan
Prepare grill to medium heat according to
- In small saucepan, combine butter,
garlic, peppercorns, and chili oil.
- Over low heat, simmer until butter is
melted and garlic begins to sizzle. Remove from heat and stir in
- Thread shrimp on four or five skewers.
Brush shrimp with olive oil and place shrimp in center of cooking
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes until pink and
just opaque (turning once halfway through grilling time). Do not
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove shrimp from skewers; toss with
butter mixture, hot pasta, and cheese.
- Serve hot.