Surfin' Barbecued Chicken
Makes 4 servings
time: 10 min.
Refrigerator time: 3 hrs.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Chicken Marinade
- 1/3 cup espresso style Kona coffee at
- 1 cup Hawaiian
pineapple jelly (or
apricot) heated and strained
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoon fresh island
- 2 teaspoon macadamia nut oil (or corn
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large chicken breasts (4 half
- Sour Cream Sauce
1) In a mixing bowl, you want to add the Kona
coffee, jelly, sherry, lime juice, macadamia nut oil, and salt. Mix.
2) In a large resealable zip plastic bag,
place the chicken breasts.
3) Now, pour the marinade over the breasts,
seal the bag and turn bag several times to coat.
4) Place in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning
the breast several times.
5) Remove the breast from the dish and
reserve the marinade.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
6) You want to place the chicken on a
barbecue grill about 6 inches above a solid bed of low-glowing coals.
7) Cook, turning lightly and brushing with
marinade, for about 30 minutes or until the breasts are browned on all
sides and longer pink when slashed in the thickest part.
8) Now, make the Sour Cream Sauce: mix the
sour cream, pineapple jelly, cilantro leaves, and orange zest and stir
until well blended.
9) Divide the mixture into 4 small bowls and
garnish each bowl with an orange wedge.
10) Place each chicken breast on a plate and
serve with a small bowl of sour cream sauce.
Place in ice chest.
When the grill is ready, just take them out of the ice chest