Twist O’ Lime Chicken Grill and Salsa
Makes 4 servings
- 16 - red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 - sun-dried tomatoes marinated in
olive oil, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 - cup cooked black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/2 - ripe mango, peeled and diced in
- 1/4 - cup red onion, minced
- 3-1/2 - Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 - Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 - Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 - drops hot pepper sauce
- 8 - Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh
- In large bowl, add cherry tomatoes,
sun-dried tomatoes, black-eyed peas, mango, red onion, 2 tablespoons
lime juice, vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon
salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir gently to mix well and let sit at
room temperature 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- In a resealable plastic bag, put in 1
tablespoon olive oil, 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice, cumin and hot pepper
- Add chicken and turn to coat and
sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or for
Preheat grill to medium-high, according to
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard
- Grill chicken for 8 minutes (turning
once) or until done (internal temp 170°F).
Place in ice chest.
the grill is ready, just take them out of the ice chest and grill.