Pico de Gallo Beef Fajitas
Makes 4 servings.
1 - beef flank steak, about 1 1/2
3 - Tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 - teaspoon vegetable oil
2 - garlic cloves, minced
1/2 - cup tomato chopped seeded
1/2 - cup zucchini, diced
1/4 - cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 - cup salsa
8 - medium flour tortillas, warmed
- In a resealable plastic bag, add 2
tablespoons lime juice, vegetable oil and garlic.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
Refrigerate 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, add tomato,
zucchini, cilantro, salsa and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium
- Lightly mix and refrigerate until
ready to use.
Prepare a medium fire in your grill.
- Remove steak from plastic bag and
- Grill, uncovered and turning
occasionally, for 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium
doneness (internal temp 150°F to 160°F).
- To serve, carve steak across the
grain into thin slices.
- Serve in tortillas with pico de
Mix the ingredients at home and wrap in plastic wrap.
Then place in plastic container and cover.
Put container in ice chest to keep cool.
Cook on the grill just as you would do at home.