All-American BarBQ Cheeseburger
Makes 4 cheeseburgers
Prep Time: 15 min.
Grilling Time: 10 min.
- 1 - pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 - cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon pepper
- 6 - slices (1-ounce) Deli American
- 4 - hamburger buns
- 4 - tomato slices
- 8 - red onion rings
- 4 - leaf lettuce leaves
Preheat gas grill on medium or charcoal
grill until coals are ash white.
- In a medium bowl, add ground beef,
barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix lightly and form into 8
(1/4-inch thick) patties.
- Cut 2 slices cheese into 4 pieces
- Place 2 pieces cheese on top of 4
- Top with remaining meat patties and
press edges to seal.
- Place patties onto grill. Grill for
10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches
at least 160�F. or until meat is no longer pink in center.
- Top each burger with 1 slice cheese
and slightly melted.
- Place each burger onto bottom bun
- Top each with 1 slice tomato, 2
onion rings, 1 lettuce leaf and top bun half.