Grilled Hawaiian Burger
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 15 min.
Grill time: 30 min.
- 1 - fresh pineapple
- 2 - pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 - cup bottled honey mustard or honey
Dijon barbecue sauce
- 8 - Kaiser rolls or large hamburger buns
- 8 - green or red leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 - slices Cheddar cheese
- 8 - red onion slices
- Twist off crown from pineapple.
- Cut pineapple
in half lengthwise.
- Cover and refrigerate one-half for later use.
Remove skin from remaining half and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Shape meat into 8 (4-inch) patties.
Preheat grill to medium � hot temperature.
- Grill or broil meat for 10 to 15 minutes on
each side or until meat is no longer pink in center, brushing
occasionally with barbecue sauce and adding pineapple the last 10 to
15 minutes of grilling.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, pineapple,
cheese, and onion.