Beef Sirloin Kabobs With Grilled Pineapple
Marinade Time: 30 min to 2 hrs
Prep Time: 20 min
Grilling Time: 25 min
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak,
cut 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, cored,
cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 12
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, cut
into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make marinade: in a medium bowl, combine
lime juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno, and cumin. Remove and
reserve 2 - Tablespoons for salsa.
- Add beef to remaining marinade and toss to
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30
minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard
- Thread beef pieces onto six 10-inch metal
skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- Place beef kabobs in center of grid.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes for medium
rare (145-degrees F) to medium (160-degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally
- Season beef with salt and pepper, as
- Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
- Alternately thread fruit and vegetable
pieces evenly onto six 10-inch metal skewers.
- Place fruit and vegetable kabobs on grid
over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes or until
vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Remove fruit and vegetables from skewers.
- In a medium bowl, combine fruit and
vegetables with reserved marinade, lime peel and 1/2 teaspoon
Page 1 of 1