Prep Time: 5 min.
Grilling Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 - pounds ground beef
- 1/4 - cup finely chopped onion
- Prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 - slices (1 ounce each) Cheddar or
- 4 - crusty rolls, split
- Romaine lettuce
- Tomato slices
Prepare grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground
beef and onion, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch thick
- Place patties on grid over medium,
- Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes
to medium (160�F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices
show no pink color, turning occasionally.
- About 1 minute before burgers are
done, brush with barbecue sauce and top with cheese.
- Line bottom half of each roll with
lettuce and tomato and top with burger.
- Close sandwiches.