Cilantro Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Maui Onion Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 2 - pounds beef tenderloin
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 - Tablespoon cilantro (Chinese parsley),
- 1/2 - Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 - Tablespoon soy sauce or fish sauce
- 1 - cup Maui or sweet onions, sliced
- 1 - cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 - Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 - cup red wine
- 1 - cup veal stock
- 2 - Tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cut and clean the beef to about 8 ounce
portions or any size you prefer then marinate with garlic, Chinese
parsley, black pepper and soy sauce for at least 2 hours or let it
sit over night.
- Grilled to your liking, served on top
mashed kabocha pumpkin.
- On medium heat, saut� Maui onions with
some vegetable oil to caramelize the onions, about 2-4 minutes,
then add red wine. Let it boil to reduce the wine until the wine
is almost disappears.
- Add veal stock. Bring it to a boil on high
heat then add mushrooms. Cook for a minute or so. Add butter, salt
- Serve on top of steak.
Do-Ahead Tip Make these packets up to 24 hours
in advance and refrigerate. Pop them on the grill when you are ready to eat.