Makes 6 servings
Time: 15 min
Grilling Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 - pounds lean (at least 80%)
- 1 - package (1 ounce) onion recipe
and dip soup mix (from 2-ounces box)
- 1 - egg
- 3/4 - cup milk
- 1/2 - cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 - cup ketchup
- 1 - bag (1 pound 4 ounces)
refrigerated new potato wedges
- 3 - cups ready-to-eat baby-cut
- Fresh parsley, if desired
Preheat gas or charcoal grill. Cut
6 (18x10-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix beef, dry
soup mix, egg, milk and bread crumbs.
- Shape into 6 loaves (4x2-1/2x1
- Place 1 loaf on each foil sheet;
top each with about 1 tablespoon of the ketchup.
- Place about 1/2 cup potatoes and
1/2 cup carrots around each loaf.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges
- Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch
fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and
- Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packets on grill.
- Cover grill; cook over medium heat
25 to 30 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 15 minutes,
until vegetables are tender and meat thermometer inserted in
center of loaves reads 160�F.
- To serve, cut large X across top
of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape.
- Garnish with parsley.
Do-Ahead Tip Make these packets up to 24 hours
in advance and refrigerate. Pop them on the grill when you are ready to eat.