New England Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Makes 6 servings
1 - (3-pounds) pumpkin
1 - Tablespoon butter
1/2 - cup onions, minced
1/2 - cup dry white wine
2 - cups chicken broth
1/2 - cup heavy cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Cut top off pumpkin.
- With a large metal spoon, scrape seeds and stringy
fibers from interior.
- Replace top and place in center of cooking grate.
- Grill until pumpkin flesh is very soft, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
from grill and allow to cool.
- Scoop out the pulp with a spoon and reserve.
- In a medium stockpot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Sweat the onions
in the butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until completely
- Add the pumpkin pulp and the chicken broth; stir well.
- Bring to a
simmer and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the salt
and heavy cream and return to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
into bowls and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Barbecue Facts & Tips