Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Microwave Time: 2 min.
- 2 - bags microwave popcorn (butter or
natural flavor), popped
- Chili powder
- 1/2 - cup well-drained sliced ripe
- 1/4 - cup well drained chopped green
- 2 - cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Remove and discard unpopped kernels
from popped popcorn.
- Divide popcorn among four 10-inch
microwavable dinner plates.
- Sprinkle each with desired amount of
chili powder and equal amounts of olives, chilies and cheese.
- Microwave 1 plate at a time uncovered
on High about 1 minute or until cheese is melted. (If cheese melts
unevenly, rotate plate 1/2 turn after 30 seconds.)
- Serve warm.
Microwave ovens vary in their cooking power, so guidelines - rather than exact
times - are usually listed on microwave popcorn package directions. Be sure to
stay close to the microwave as the popcorn pops, and stop cooking when the
popping noises stop.