Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
- 6 - ounces Premium Original Chorizo
- 2 - cans (15-ounce) Refried Beans
- 1/2 - can (7-ounces) Chipotle Chilli
in Adobo Sauce
- 3 - ounces Queso Fresco
- 4 - teaspoons Green Onions finely
- 1/2 - cup Half & Half or Whole
- 1/2 - teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Separate the chipotle chiles from the
adobo sauce, reserving both.
- Dice half of the chipotles and set
aside along with 4 tsp. of the adobo sauce.
- You may use more chipotles if you want
a spicier dip, but be careful, they are quite hot!
- Make sure to wash your hands after
handling the chiles.
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo over
high heat approximately 5 minutes, until well browned and crumbled.
- Drain off liquid from one of the bean
- Lower heat to medium, add beans, diced
chilies, 4 teaspoons adobo sauce, salt and garlic powder.
- Mix ingredients together and stir
occasionally until heated (about 5 minutes).
- Once mixture is hot, crumble in the
Queso Fresco and stir until all the cheese has melted and is combined
in with the beans.
- Stir in half and half and green
- Remove from heat and transfer into
serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.