Cheesy Potato Skins
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr 21 min.
- 4 - large potatoes (2 pounds)
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or margarine,
- 1 - cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack or
Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 - cup sour cream
- 8 - medium green onions, sliced (1/2
Preheat oven to 375°F. Pierce
potatoes to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or
- Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into fourths
and carefully scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shells.
- Save potato pulp for another use.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Place potato shells, skin sides down,
on rack in broiler pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Broil with tops 4 to 5 inches from
heat about 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil about 30 seconds or until cheese
- Serve hot with sour cream and onions.