Chocolate Chip Pretzels
About 2 dozen coated pretzels
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 4 min.
- 1 - cup Hershey�s Semi-Sweet
- 1 - cup Hershey�s Premier White
- 1 - Tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon
shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil), divided
- About 24 salted or unsalted pretzels
- Cover tray or cookie sheet with
- Place chocolate chips, 2/3 cup white
chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave at HIGH (100%)1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at HIGH an additional 1 to 2
minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips are melted when stirred.
- Using fork, dip each pretzel into
chocolate mixture; tap fork on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place coated pretzels on prepared tray.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup white chips and
remaining 1/2 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 15 to 30 seconds or
until chips are melted when stirred.
- Using tines of fork, drizzle chip
mixture across pretzels.
- Refrigerate until coating is set. Store
in airtight container in cool, dry place.