Italian Cheese Straw Twists
Makes 4 dozen appetizers
Prep Time: 25 min.
Start to Finish: 35 min.
- 2/3 - cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 - teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 - package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff
- 1 - egg, slightly beaten
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cover 2 cookie
sheets with cooking parchment paper or heavy brown paper.
- Mix cheese and paprika. Roll 1 sheet
of pastry into 12x10 inch rectangle on lightly floured surface with
floured cloth-covered rolling pin.
- 3. Brush egg over pastry.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the
- Press cheese mixture gently into
- Turn pastry over and repeat brushing
with egg and sprinkling with cheese mixture.
- Fold pastry lengthwise in half.
- Cut pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch
- Unfold strips and roll each end in
opposite directions to twist.
- Place twists on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until puffed
and golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry,
egg and cheese mixture.
- Serve warm or cool.