Blue Cheese Appetizer Tart
Prep Time: 30 min.
Baking Time: 47 min.
- Pastry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 4 to 5 - Tablespoons ice water
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 - package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 - cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 - cup whipping cream
- 1 - egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 - teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/3 - cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 - Tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts or
your favorite chopped nuts
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place flour in large bowl. Cut in butter with
pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in water with fork until flour is just
moistened. Shape into a ball.
- Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface into
- Place into 9 or 10-inch tart pan with removable
bottom or pie pan; press firmly on bottom and up sides of pan.
- Cut away excess pastry; prick all over with fork.
Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large combine cream cheese and
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until
- Continue beating, gradually adding whipping
cream, egg and ground pepper until blended.
- Spread into baked pastry. Sprinkle with roasted
red pepper, pine nuts and parsley.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into wedges. Cover and store refrigerated.
Page 1 of 1