Swiss Cheese Spinach Spread
Prep Time: 30 min
- 1 - package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 4 - cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 - teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 - Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 - cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 1/2 - ounces (1/2 cup) cooked ham, finely chopped
- Crackers, crusty French bread or breadsticks
- In food processor bowl fitted with metal blade, place cream cheese
and Swiss cheese. Cover and process for 30 to 60 seconds or until
smooth. Set aside.
- In clean processor bowl fitted with metal blade, place spinach,
garlic, salt and red pepper. Cover and with processor running, slowly
add oil until well mixed.
- Stir in pecans by hand. Set aside.
- Line 1-quart bowl with plastic food wrap, extending wrap 3 to 4
inches over edge. Spread half cheese mixture in bottom of bowl.
- Top with half of ham, the spinach mixture, remaining ham and
remaining cheese mixture.
- Fold plastic food wrap over top to cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours or
overnight or until firm.
- At serving time, remove plastic food wrap from top of spread.
- Invert molded spread onto serving plate. Remove remaining plastic
- Serve spread with crackers, crusty French bread or breadsticks.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Spray rubber scraper with no stick cooking
spray to make it easier to spread cheese mixture.