These simple, yet rich homemade candies are every
bit as delicious as truffles from a high-priced candy store. You can
enjoy them any day or show someone you care about them with a gift from
the heart and your kitchen! Alan's Kitchen makes it easy.
about 6 dozen truffles
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Chilling Time: 4 hrs.
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
(NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Finely chopped toasted nuts
- flaked coconut
- chocolate sprinkles
- colored sprinkles
- unsweetened cocoa
- confectioners' sugar
- colored sugars
Candy Recipe Directions:
1) In large saucepan, over low heat, melt
chocolate chips with Sweetened Condensed Milk.
2) Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into
3) Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
4) Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in desired
coating and/or decorate with frosting and candies.
5) Chill 1 hour or until firm. Store leftovers
covered in refrigerator.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Place individual chocolate truffles into
gold/silver foil candy wrappers or arrange on a tray for a decadent
dessert presentation. Or serve individual truffles with a cup of
coffee after dinner as a mini chocolate treat
- Other Ideas: Truffles make a great homemade
gift to give to friends and co-workers to simply say "thank
you." Arrange several decorated truffles in a pretty box or
other tin/basket lined with colorful wax or gift paper. Wrap with a
bow. Note: re-usable tins are a nice keepsake after the truffles are
Page 1 of 1