Rocky Road Candy
A classic treat made foolproof.
Enjoy the blend of textures and flavors of chocolate, nuts and
marshmallows in every bite. This candy makes a great gift for kids!
3 1/2 dozen pieces
Prep time: 10 min.
Chilling time: 2 hrs.
- 2 - cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
(NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 - cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 - package (10 1/2-ounce) miniature
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt
chocolate chips and butter with Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine peanuts and
marshmallows; stir in chocolate mixture.
- Spread in waxed paper-lined 13x9-inch baking
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan and peel off paper and cut into
- Store leftovers loosely covered at room
MICROWAVE METHOD: In
1-quart glass measure, combine chocolate chips, butter and Sweetened
Condensed Milk. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes, stirring after 1
minutes. Stir to melt chips. Let stand 5 minutes. Proceed as above.