Spicy Sugar Nuts
Prep time: 25 min.
Cooking time: 5 min.
Baking time: 15 min.
- 2 - (sticks) butter (1 cups)
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 - Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 - pound cashews
- 1 - pound pecans
- 1/2 - cup granulated sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 - Tablespoons chili powder (blend of chili peppers, spices and
Preheat oven to 375�.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Gradually add
Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously while mixture is at a
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- Immediately add all the nuts and stir until the nuts are coated.
- Place entire nut mixture onto a cookie sheet (with sides) and bake
for 15 minutes.
- Stir nuts intermittently while baking.
- Cool completely on cookie sheet stirring nuts so they stay in
pieces and dry.
- Cool for 30 minutes then place half of the batch of nuts each in
gallon sized zip bags.
- In one bag add granulated sugar and in the other add the kosher
salt and chili powder.
- Shake each bag until all nuts are coated. Store covered at room