Chocolate Coconut Balls
These treats can be made ahead of time, so a
tempting dessert is already made for friends who drop by.
4 dozen balls
Prep Time: 25 min.
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 - package (14-ounce) flaked coconut
- 1 - cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 - cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 - cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 3 - cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 - Tablespoons shortening
- In large bowl, stir together Sweetened Condensed Milk, coconut,
pecans, bread crumbs and mini chocolate chips.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture with lightly greased hands into 1-inch balls.
(Mixture will be moist.)
- Place on wax paper. Cover with wax paper, and let stand 8 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a large saucepan.
- Spoon chocolate mixture evenly over coconut balls covering top and
sides completely and allowing excess to drip.
- Place on wax paper and chill until firm.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.