Chocolate Cherry Logs
two (12-inch) logs
Prep time: 20 min.
- 3 - cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 - container (6-ounce) candied cherries, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 - teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 - cups slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with
Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cherries and extract. Chill 30 minutes.
- Divide in half; place each portion on a 20-inch piece of wax
- Shape each into 12-inch log. Roll in nuts.
- Wrap tightly. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove paper; cut into 1-1/4-inch slices to serve. Store leftovers
covered in refrigerator.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Microwave - In 2-quart glass measure, combine chips and Sweetened
Condensed Milk. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes,
stirring 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in cherries and extract. Chill 1 hour.
Proceed as above.