Tropical Candy Clusters
about 5 dozen
Prep time: 10 min.
- 2 - cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 - cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 - can (14-ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
(NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 - cups chopped toasted almonds or
- 1 - cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 to 3/4 - cups flaked coconut
In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt
chocolate chips with Sweetened Condensed Milk and salt.
Remove from heat. Stir in nuts,
coconut. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto wax paper
lined baking sheet.
Chill 2 hours or until firm. Store leftovers
covered in refrigerator.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
Microwave - In 2-quart glass measure, combine
chocolate chips with Sweetened Condensed Milk and salt. Cook on HIGH
(100% power) 3 minutes or until chips melt, stirring after each 1
1/2 minutes. Proceed as above.